This is RE/MAX Around Atlanta’s Generative AI use policy. Generative AI is a field that is still extremely new, and it requires thoughtful communication and discussion to determine the most effective approach in this rapidly evolving field. It has massive potential in certain use-cases as well as key limitations we need to understand. While content and advice generated using AI may sound great and save time, there is an inherent risk of bias and inaccuracy. You are encouraged to learn more and experiment, but exercise caution when using it in your business. If you have any thoughts or feedback, please contact a Broker/Owner or In-House Counsel.
What is Generative AI? For the purposes of this policy document, Generative AI refers to
technology and tools that can create content like a human, and as a consequence, perform tasks that mimic humans. The type of content (text, images, video, etc.) does not matter, nor does the underlying model/technology that enables the functionality.
Popular Generative AI include, but are not limited to,:
Chat GPT by OpenAI, and services powered by them
Bard by Google
DALLE by OpenAI
Various AI powered chatbots
1. Never upload personal information, customer/client data, or confidential
information to any AI model.
2. Never send or publish AI generated content without thorough human review, regardless of whether the audience is internal or external.
3. Do not use generative AI as the sole source for research purposes. They are famous for“hallucinating” false information. Always verify with a second source.
4. Be sure that any content generated by AI does not violate license law, fair housing law
or copyright law (be especially cautious with images that may resemble or be modeled
using copyrighted images).
5. Keep a record of when you’re using an AI tool.
6. Be vigilant of legal topics (intellectual property, privacy, etc.) surrounding generative AI,
and exercise caution.
KEY TAKEAWAY: Regardless of whether content originated from Generative AI, YOU
are entirely responsible for it as the author, as if you created it yourself.
May 24, 2023
Real Estate News, Brokers Blog & More