Advertising includes ANY form of Media
The Broker MUST approve ALL advertising before it is posted.
These are the Do’s!
1. Obtain written permission from the owner to advertise.
2. Obtain your Broker’s written approval on every advertisement before advertising.
3. Include the name of the Brokerage Firm that has the listing.
4. Include the Firm main telephone number of the Brokerage Firm of the listing.
5. Verify that no other name and phone number is larger in size than the name and phone number of the Firm.
6. Remove any expired listing from any Internet or social media posting within 30 days of listing expiration
7. Remove physical signage within 10 days of the expired listing.
8. Comply with local zoning regarding signage.
9. If an advertisement is published in error, take steps to correct it immediately.
10. Register a firm trade name(s), dba, with the Commission in order to advertise under a trade name, this includes trade names that are part of a logo.
11. To advertise another Firm’s listing, first obtain written permission from the listing Firm.
12. State the listing Firm’s name next to the property being advertised unless agreed otherwise by the listing Firm’s Broker.
13. For Internet advertising, include the name and telephone number of the Licensee's Firm on every viewable web page of a website, except when advertising in electronic messages of limited information or characters, a Licensee shall provide a direct link to a display that is in complies with the advertising Rule.
14. If any specific properties are advertised on the personal web sites of individual Licensees, the Brokerage Firm name and Firm phone number must be stated and displayed in a size greater or equal than that of the Licensee.
15. The Firm name and phone number must be on every viewable web page of a web site unless space limitations apply requiring the use of a direct Internet link to another web page displaying the required information.
16. To advertise multiple properties, state the Firm’s name adjacent to any specific properties being advertised. (It is only necessary to state the name of the Firm and its phone number one time in a block advertisement that includes several listings.)
17. Follow the direct supervision of the Broker holding your license (Associate Brokers, Salespersons, and Community Association Managers) for all advertising of real estate.
These are the Don’ts
1. Do not state any other name or phone number more frequently or more prominently than the Brokerage Firm name and phone number.
2. Do not discriminate in advertising property, services, terms, conditions, etc.
3. Do not place a sign on a property without written permission.
4. Do not advertise on terms other than agreed upon in the listing agreement.
5. Do not mislead or misrepresent any property, terms, values, services, policies, etc.
6. Do not state the Licensee’s name more times than the Firm name.
7. Do not state the Licensee’s contact info in any size print larger than the Firm’s name and phone number.
8. Do not state only the direct dial phone number or mobile number of a Licensee.
9. Do not state the trade names or names of Licensees or groups of Licensees more frequently or prominently than that of the Firm name. This includes logos.
10. Do not post or publish any advertisement without first obtaining the Broker’s written approval.
This article is only intended to be a summary and helpful guideline for Licensees regarding advertising real estate. The Licensee should always get approval from the Broker holding his/her license and can also reference Advertising Rule 520- 1-.09.and 43-40-25 Unfair Trade Practices for more specific details and guidance.
Source: GREC Newsletter
Real Estate News, Brokers Blog & More